AIM AND SCOPE
The Malaysian Journal of Oral Maxillofacial Surgery (MJOMS) is the official publication of the Malaysian Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons (MAOMS). The journal will be published annually.
The mission is to elevate the quality of patient care and to promote the advancement of the practice, education and research in the field of oral and maxillofacial surgery in Malaysia. It is intended to cover the widest possible practice of the following:
- Aesthetic and reconstructive surgery including temporomandibular joint disorders
- Trauma; oral surgery and implantology including preprosthetic surgery
- Tumours and Oncology with emphasis on clinical management and repair of subsequent defects
- Pathology and dysmorphology of the oral and craniomaxillofacial region
- Medicine with patient management of orofacial disorders and clinical pharmacology
- Research and development including applied Basic Medical Sciences
The contents of the journal include invited editorial, original articles, case reports, original research papers, review articles, technical innovations, book reviews and calendar of events.